Monday 12 December 2011

Bride #2 The Dresses

I've met quite a few fashion designers with my friends and my fiance. First of all, I thought up a wild imagination for my wedding dresses. Then I showed  to each designer my design style ideas and we took it from there:

Elie Saab Fall 2011 RTW

Elie Saab Spring 2011 Haute Couture

Amir Luqman 2012 Pre-collection

Carolina Herrera Origami Sleeve Shirted Gown

Most in my personal Top 5 list are new and upcoming Malaysian fashion designers, I actually prefer them because they have lots of passion and very affordable if compared to well-known couture wedding fashion designers.

Finalized design and measurements for my solemnization dress was done on 27 Nov 2011. As mentioned in my last post, my solemnization dress will be by Amir Luqman. Ok, Ok, he's not a new fashion designer at all. In fact, he's one of Malaysia's most flamboyant fashion designers who dresses up celebrities like Datin Sri Tiara Jacquelina, Datuk Siti Nurhaliza, Mizz Nina, Erra Fazira, Krisdayanti, Rossa, Atilia Haron, Noryn Aziz etc. He is a celebrity in his own right. Read more about him here.

Me and my fiance met him at his Plaza Damas boutique. He's very polite, kind and soft spoken. He gave helpful suggestions and tips for my wedding reception dresses too. Overall, the price he quoted was quite reasonable for a dress. But since I need another 2 dresses, err definitely that would be over my budget. Anyway, I have not yet received any email confirmation invoice after the appointment hmmph. Tetttt! Let's get back to the new and upcoming fashion designers again.

For wedding reception dresses, these young talented designers just started their own line, guess which one will I choose? Hehe

Khalik Mustafa
Ken Anwar
Bard Brisyam

After all the appointments, I quickly realized that fashion industry isn't all glitz + glamorous, I know it’s a lot of hard work for them. That's why I don't mind spending the money, as long as I feel I'm getting real value. I believe all Bride-To-Be-s out there are looking for really special stunning pieces, and that’s what I hope these fashion designers provide. Berdebar jugak ni ~huuuu.

No comments:

Post a Comment