I went to The Gardens alone, had lunch alone, and all alone until 4++pm. Then I met my wedding cake vendor, Sarah with her cute son. We had tea session at Pastis Cafe & Dining. She showed me some cake designs to be considered. I already agreed with the hantaran cake design - there will be small daisy flowers all around it. For wedding cake design, just 2 tiers, she'll try to make them appear higher than ordinary 2-tier cake. However, we haven't finalized the type of flowers to be put on top. I don't mind what type of flower as long as it's not roses, not that I hate roses, I just want something different.
A while after, my bff (puke!) guy friend, Zaidan came to join us - we've been friends since primary school. Both of us are supposed to do some shopping together later. Good to find out that somehow there are mutual friends between Sarah, me and Zaidan - kecik sungguh dunia! Then I accompanied Zaidan to do all his shopping - I didn't buy anything at all, good for me eh. This guy spent RM2k++ in less than 3 hours, sepatutnye just 6 items jadi 8 items, pastu cerewet mcm perempuan! :p
Kesian SA tu terpaksa layan customer mcm ni
At 9++pm, I went straight to see encik tunang, heee on the phone dia mcm nak marah je balik lambat. So I bought him a set of J.CO donuts ;). Around 1am we went out to Mosin TTDI together with his bff Fatt and Tasha, couples date hehe.
Met Munirah, a b2b, first thing in the morning. Haha sorry gal, u got to see my selekeh morning look. Anyway, I have to say that I'm impressed (and proud) that you are able to manage all the wedding preps all by yourself. Cekal ok, go girl!
At 2++pm, Khalik Mustafa 1st fitting session for reception dresses (both dresses are 60% completed).
Khalik is getting the exact measurements, full dress is still a secret
Dress No. 1
Looking at my Dress No. 1 (pink + gold)... Err I'm actually kind of worried! It was not love at first sight for me, I think it's going to be a long "courtship" between me and that 1st dress herkkk cuak ni :S. I expressed my strong concerns to Khalik and he reassured me that it will look beautiful after all of the embellishments completed. He will also add cancane to the dress. So baiklah, bersabar until 2nd fitting session next month. Please be va-va-voom!
Dress No. 2
But my reaction to the Dress No. 2, ahh it was absolute love love love :D! Although without beads + sequins + swarovski + the little details, it already looks great, 100% love it! I can confidently wear it to any awards show hehe berangan sbb smlm tgk Oscar Red Carpet. Btw, nude coloured dress is trending this year. Nude is an elegant and feminine alternative to this season's pop colours. Well mine, not so nude, but close, bole laaa.
Then, me and mr. fiance went to Pavilion. We only entered 2 stores - Fossil and Havaianas. Had our late lunch at Ichiban Boshi - sedapppp!
With the designer, Amir Luqman
At 5pm, Amir Luqman 2nd fitting session. The mini kurung is basically completed, only left to shorten the kain a bit je, then Amir said he will send it for dry cleaning. It is very simple and sweet. However the veil is still not ready, so I can't fully imagine myself in my nikah dress yet. I'll come again next month to pick all of them up. Suke the patch lace beaded details ni :)
My Pure White + Soft Pink Nikah Dress
From there we quickly went home, met another b2b, Fieza + her fiance + her niece. Had a little chat with them about their E-Day and wedding preps. Pleased to meet you and all the best Fieza!
Around 8pm, went out again for dinner with my family, together with my fiance and FMIL. Afterwards, all of us had supper at future-in-law's, up until 12pm - Byk pulak bapakku borak ngan FFIL. Finally, drove to Seremban, home sweet home.
Breakfast with Dhuha and hubby at McD, lil' sister tagged along. Lunch at home. Cake session with Sha (my MOH) at Secret Recipe Senawang. Drove back to Kuantan alone, reached home feeling feverish, neck pain, body aches all over. Not good, not good.
Her sister is my colleague from Bukit Jelutong headquarters, fly (outstation) to Kuantan office this morning and bring me some red velvet cupcakes. Sarah just want me to get a taste, oh so sweet ;) terharu, thank you! The homemade cupcakes have just the right amount of sweetness that make it a light and tasty dessert yum yum.
For my June wedding, I'm ordering fondant cakes from Sarah - 1 for hantaran and a 2-tier for cake cutting ceremony. I purposely choose different flavours for each - Chocolate Moist, Rainbow Cake and Red Velvet, because I want to taste them all! Hehe tamak.
Gluttony is my deadly sin, Bride #2
P/S - I'll be meeting my wedding dresses designers this weekend, can't wait!
The hantaran shopping spree in Paris was just my wishful thinking. I had to get the earlier train back to Geneva because they thought working on a Sunday could be as fruitful. So I only have whole day on Saturday for the tours AND hantaran hunting. Having a male companion with me didn’t help much. Thought that he could help me out in giving opinions of the things I wanted to buy for A’s hantaran. By the end of our tours, he was already too exhausted that I felt bad dragging him around the shopping places. I did make a visit to LV store in Champs Elysees. Was lucky that the queue to get in wasn’t too absurd but stepping into the store, there you go. Not a single aisle was accessible. I couldn’t get my hands on the bag that I want. These mad mad shoppers were really hogging the place! Feet already begging for some rest that I gave up and ended up not buying anything. Hoping I could at least get the Salvatore Ferragamo shoes that A wants but by the time I saw the store, they were already drawing the door closed. Gahhh! Can’t believe this happened to me!
As of now, all the items in my hantaran list are almost done (I kinda did all the hunting myself). I had my colleague to help me buy the LV bag, though I’m a tad sad that I wasn’t the one paying at the counter and holding the paper bag (jakun much? ;)). But still thankful that it’s way cheaper than in KL. Bought a perfume set from diplomat shop in Geneva for CHF84 (RM280). Thinking to get either Clarins skin care products or Bobbi Brown make up set to fill up the trays. For A, I only managed to get him the Guitar Hero and DJ Hero set from Izyan. Such a savior! What’s left are his shoes (2 pairs), perfume and work/casual clothes. The rest, just include what can be included ;)
A few shopping tips in Paris:
1) First, get the metro ticket, Paris Visite Pass. It’s way more convenient than having to buy every time you need to get on the train. More info here
2) There’s a famous outlet called La Vallee Village. It’s only accessible if you take the Paris Visite Pass for zone 1-5. Wish I had one more day to spend here =(
3) Shopping at Champs Elysees can be quite challenging. Since this is the famous street for the leading brands, expect huge crowd. And please be reminded that you won’t find Longchamp store here. I was unwary for not doing any research beforehand. Thanks to a lovely lady I bumped into that told me it’s easier to get Longchamp bags from Printemp at Boulevard Haussmann.
4) Bring enough money cos you’d be surprised at how affordable some things are!
Given by Aina, si manis adik angkat. We had our girls-nite-in session at my house last night and she brought me this. I don't buy much wedding magazines for my own reference, so it's great to get it as a gift :)! In other word - free! ;p
If there is one thing I am sure to have at my wedding is undoubtedly; the photobooth corner. I like the ideas of having people making interactions with the props, striking their funny poses and ultimately for the couple to keep those pictures as memories.
I grant this task to my close girlfriends from high school. We made a pact that for anyone in the group who gets married, she is entitled for ONE sponsored item for the wedding. So I chose photobooth! These are some ideas I gathered:
Meeting them tonight to see what they have planned for this. Can't deny that I'm psyched!
Next task, is to get as many Instax Mini camera. I don't plan to buy, so I might try to get them from here *looks at budget*
This is not an update but merely a self reminder on how to be a successful Muslim wife. And thought I should share this with you too.
In Islam, marriage is a blessed contract between a man and a woman. Each have their own role to play in making a marriage successful. It is a bit more difficult but certainly possible to make even a selected partner in a marriage a success.
1. Be the best wife you can be. Being a good Muslim wife is in many ways similar to being a good wife in other religions. Sure it has its own special features and requirements, just like any other religion. However, there are common basic methods and guidelines for being a good wife in general. Follow them.
2. Make Dua. Always ask Allah for forgiveness and blessings on your marriage.
3. Understand and respect your husband's rights. Study authentic ahaadith and make sure that you understand your obligations as a wife as well as understand your rights. In Islam, a good wife is expected to be honest, sincere and congnizant of her husband's needs. At the same time her husband must respect her, fulfill her needs and even help her in household chores.
4. Be secure in yourself. Putting yourself down in front of him is another way of insulting his taste in women. If he is with you, it's because he wants to be. He will find you sexy even if you don't feel like it, if you act the part. Remember that attitude and willingness are large parts of being sexy. Poor self-esteem and a "void" in your life is terrible for marriage. Make sure you still have a fun and interesting life. If your husband left tomorrow, would you still have girlfriends you see at least once a month, hobby clubs you go to, sports you play? If not, your husband will always be working to fill a void he can't, and will feel inadequate and unhappy.
5. Express, don't accuse. Except in the rare event that your husband happens to be psychic, don't expect mind-reading powers. If you want something, ask. If something is wrong, say so. Don't drop hints or figure he'll "come around". Communicate calmly, clearly and directly. Relationships work best when each partner calmly express their current emotion without harping on what he has done. Frequently, a "I feel attacked" or "I feel sad" is all it takes for him to step back and ask, "Why?" Then simply say, "When you slammed the door, I felt ignored." Let "I feel" be your guide.
6. Don't expect the moon. He needs to keep trying, you need to keep trying, but neither of you is perfect. Unmet expectations tend to frustrate everyone. However, if you both keep working on your marriage, you will always be covered, even when one of you comes up a little short. If your expectations are truly too high or unrealistic, then set standards that are obtainable. For example, it is unfair to expect to be lavished with possessions and have the love of your life home for every meal. Should you want more together time, be prepared to have that desire fulfilled at some expense.
7. Pick your battles. Nagging and nitpicking can destroy a relationship. As long as the dishes are clean and unbroken, for instance, don't nag about how to load the dishwasher "the right way". Let him do things his own way. Don't sweat the small stuff. Focus on what is important.
8. Accept him. Only by accepting him as he is, do you have such deep respect and gratitude for him that you would never want him to change in any way for you. He has so much to offer you if only you give him the space to be himself. He is a growing individual, just like you are. Help him grow in the direction that he chooses, and give him the chance to help you.
9. Dress pleasantly/attractively.If you are a home-maker,don’t stay in your sleeping suit all day.Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a female.
10. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile, hug and kiss him.
11. Stay with him during hard time. He will need his wife to listen to him, comfort him and give him the strength. Don't be selfish.
Found this stunning 5 inches pump at Aldo website, featuring satin upper that extends over the platform, peep toe design, and sparkle appliqués across the back. Although it's not in Gold colour ;( sob sobb, but that won't stop me searching for it when I'm back to KL next 2 weeks!
Others that catch my eyes are:
I've tried this on before at Aldo Pavi! Nice colour + design + height but it reveals toe cleavage, which I don't like - I think mine looks SUPER ugly!
After almost 1++ month, my reception dresses designer, Khalik, informed me that the dresses are 60% completed and we can now arrange for 1st fitting session, yeawesome! However, since I'm in Kuantan, I will probably return to KL on 24th or 25th. Can't wait to see how they turn out! But I'm nervous at the same time...
I don't mind sharing sketches of my reception dresses design, hopefully Khalik pon x kisah la jugak I share it here. I want the dresses to have "sweetness" and "chic" with a contemporary feel. Definitely the dresses are not traditional wear huhu, sbb nikah dah traditional so yg lain2 nak modern2 plak ;)
A floor-length soft pink chiffon dress, lace layer/patch with heavy golden beads on top.
Champagne colour duchess satin dress with heavy duty purple + brown embellishment and vertical ruffles bottom.
I bought another hantaran item today (for me!) via online from Kate Spade New York. I even called Kate Spade store at The Gardens, Mid Valley City (03 2284 1468) just to do price comparison heheh. Bole la save sikit when you buy online, lagi save kalau ade kwn bole belikan + bwk balik dr US tu...
Salam Maulidur Rasul to all. Still enjoying the long weekend? Good for you! As for me, I decided to spend quality time with myself in Kuantan - relax + sleep, watch TV, online, clean the house, do the laundry, fold the clothes, cook lunch + dinner, go for facial + massage, and of course, a little shopping. Here are some pics:
Sweet neapolitan indulgence while writing the post
Super spicy mushroom carbonara for lunch, bujang food yg paling senang masak!
As you already know, I am obsessed with beauty products. My latest obsession is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. I have been using the 7ml sample bottle for the past 2 weeks and my skin has dramatically improved. When I put it on at night, I feel like my skin just soaks it up and it feels so soft in the morning. Too bad the small sample bottle just finished. I still want to continue using the serum, that's why I bought it yesterday! RM240 for 30ml bottle, it's pricey but, it works :). The Perfectly Clean cleanser and Time Zone moisturizer are next to try. I now alternate them with my Dermalogica skin care regimen.
I continue with all the DIY wedding projects too. The progress on tying the wedding card ribbons is very very slow haha, only 200 out of 1550++ are completed. Another DIY project is making note cards for the guestboard (instead of guestbook). I designed (actually, I added the names & date only) and printed the note cards for our guests to write their wishes and advice. Here are the note cards, have to finish cutting them up:
I'm OK with spending too much time alone. Honestly, I really love my single independent life. At times, I do wonder will I enjoy the married life? But that doesn't mean I don't love him, I really do. The fact is, sharing life together is a big commitment. Hey, the future is not written yet, and remember that we are the ones creating our own life ;)
Kuantan is so damn hot today, I don't think I'll go out to buy the groceries, although I should..maybe I just need a nap..zZzz uhh the bed is calling...