Tuesday 17 January 2012

bride #1: the hole-in-the-pocket weekend

Phewww that was a long break! And I did not just mean a break from this blog, but I put on hold anything wedding related. Bad bad bride!

As mentioned by Bride #2 in her post, I went to Bandung for fabrics hunting with the family. I acquired myself the chiffon silk and satin silk needed for solemnization dress. Also managed to get the materials for both families (A and I) and tray bearers for our friends. Totally budget-friendly! I had actually hoped I could find the appliqué lace as mostly used by Elie Saab but nan hado! Something like this:

If you are considering to go to Bandung for some wedding shopping spree, these are my two favorite shops; D’Fashion and Angel at Lantai 2.
On to the travel details, we stayed at Aston Braga Hotel and Residence, 3 bedrooms apartment, which cost us RM1.2k for 2 nights. It’s strategically located in Jalan Braga, around 400m to Pasar Baru. Really it’s a walking to distance to Pasar Baru but we hired a ‘supir’ from the local company to take us around the city for the whole duration of stay (3d2n). You can read more about their services here or contact Pak Tarmidzi +62 813 2002 8484
Anyhooo, for what’s left, I’m still considering whether to DIY my invitation cards or just get them done by the professional. Firstly need to make a comparison in terms of the cost, the feasibility of the time, resources etc. So as to speak, I’m currently looking for the best printing services (cheap and high quality) around KL area. If you happen to know any, do let me know ya =)  
I’ll be taking another break from doing anything wedding related. If I got the time, I’ll blog from these two places ;)
Almost stagnant, Bride #1

No comments:

Post a Comment