Thursday 22 March 2012

Bride #1: the 'paper' work

Glad that I could finally make up my mind on this. Initially I wanted to get it done with CahayaKad. Amazing artworks, but does not seem amazing to my wallet. I requested for the cards to be bilingual for the benefit of my non-Muslim colleagues but sadly the additional cost for this was so beyond my budget. I fell in love with their Kapas design but then so sayang to spend so much on a card which people hardly keep, kan?

I resorted to this design, from I Like Card:


Requested for the quotation for the above card and yet it was still out of my budget. Thus, with my minimal skills in designing, I came out with something similar using Power Point. Hahahaha I know, it's an ultimate epic failure. But the best thing, it costs me RM0.70 per card, including envelope *pats head*

And for save the date card, again, I used Power Point and created this:


On to the thank you tags, I got my inspiration from a fellow B2B, Kina. Haven't started on anything yet since the paper puncher just arrived earlier today. I really hope it will turn out good.

Just something to ponder, wedding on a budget is really possible. You just have to do plenty of research, make use of available resources and most importantly, know what you want. There's a lot of useful websites out there to help you decide what's best for your own wedding. I know looking at those grand wedding pictures can get pretty overwhelming. Bottomline is, wedding is just a day affair, marriage is a lifetime. Plan wisely.

Learnt her lesson, Bride #1

6 comments:

  1. The first card is my friend's invitation card. Everything bout her wedding is beautiful...yours would be the same insyaAllah. And yes wedding on budget is possible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anis. Hope your friend wouldnt mind me taking her design. I should still give credit to her though. I can imagine how wonderful her wedding was. Insya Allah, hope for the same for mine too =)

      Delete
  2. amazing tho how you could come out with such design by using powerpoint. if you didn't spill the secret, I must say its either photoshop or what hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zaa, the secret really is power point. But for my save the date card, I got the trees vector from depositphotos.com. And as for the wording, I had it done at weddingchicks website, then combined it all together in power point. Quite tedious but I'd do anything for cost-free card ;)

      Delete
  3. Dear...i perasan something...maybe design..but uruf & and A u dekat sgt...but awesome work..cantek :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Intan for pointing it out. Patut la nampak cm ade yg tak kena. Nanti i betulkan. nasib baik tak hanta lagi =)

      Delete